Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sunrise

So I've tried this before and failed miserably, but then I'm dreadful at journaling, too, but I figure if maybe I can tap out a few words on the computer, I might be a bit better at keeping up. But why keep a blog anyway, right? Well, maybe for a little accountability, if only to myself. If I write something down, I'll have to face it later. So here goes...

I don't know what will come in posts to follow because I don't know what God has in store for my life. I know He has a plan, and there are days when I think I know what I want that plan to be (and what I don't want it to be). Other times, I haven't a clue, but I do know that I want my life to be glorifying to Him, to praise Him in my thoughts and words and actions, in what I do and what I don't do. So I guess that struggle - the daily triumphs and failures - might make it in here.

This is an exercise in humility, in admitting that I'm not perfect and that I can't stand on my own. I fall down, sometimes hard and sometimes a lot and sometimes it's hard to get up, and I couldn't do it without the grace of God.

I am so blessed, and so often I forget to share that blessing with the people God has put in my life. My every move should proclaim the grace of God. So this I pray: Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor; not lagging behind in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer, contributing to the needs of the saints, practicing hospitality (Romans 12: 9-13 NASB). I pray for plain, honest speech and a heart that loves as God loves and that shares that love constantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment