Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Swing Dance Stories

Back in college at the University of Florida, I choreographed for a little dance troupe called Bounce Me Brother. I got my start dancing as a member of the troupe. A couple of semesters, we performed with the Dancin' Gators, a student-run dance company. Now, three years later, the Florida Swing Dancing Club's enthusiastic hepcats are still shaking a wicked calf on the Phillips Center Stage. Here's a video of this year's beginner performance:


My senior year of school, my friend Weston and I joked about doing a routine to "Never Had a Friend Like Me" from Aladdin. This year, the advanced troupe actually did it!


I'm so proud of my swing babies and wish I could have been there to see them perform. Still, yay for youtube and facebook for bringing them to me here in West Virginia. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment