Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

LaKnitShack or Embracing the Entrepreneurial Spirit

A couple of days ago, I opened my own shop! It's called La Knit Shack, which, in case you didn't already figure it out, is a play on my last name - Labishak. You can find it on Etsy.com at http://www.etsy.com/shop/LaKnitShack and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/LaKnitShack.


Back in middle school, when my brother and I spent our afternoons at our babysitter's house, we both learned to crochet. In college, I met other gals who liked yarncraft and rediscovered my own love of working with yarn. I even taught myself to knit. Since then, I've made gifts and dabbled in sales, but now, for the first time ever, I'm tossing my hat in the ring of business and making a go of it.

Today, I sold this beautiful baby blanket:


Right now, I'm working on another one in a multi-hued yarn, and available in the shop now are these lovely flowered earwarmers:


Check back for new inventory and follow LaKnitShack on Facebook and Etsy to keep up with what's new in the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment