Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happiness Is...


...fellowship with old & new friends and a whole weekend of dancing at ORLX.

This weekend, I was incredibly blessed to be able to spend time with friends and to make some new ones and to deepen existing friendships. Staying with Julie, Hayley, and Janet was a really upbuilding and encouraging experience. We had fantastic conversations and ate delicious food. Since the weekend, Julie and I have been back and forth on facebook, being a blessing to each other. It's been such an encouraging friendship already, and I'm so glad that God has put her in my life. I also got to see Julia, whom I met in Pittsburgh back in November, and Frank and Erin, my hosts from Soflex, and Frank and I danced more than once and not at four in the morning the last night of the exchange (which is what ended up happening at Soflex).

Food-wise, the whole weekend was amazing. Friday, my new buddy Alan made eggs-in-a-basket for breakfast, ziti rigate for lunch, and spaghetti with hilarious sauce for dinner. The sauce was hilarious because the recipe called for a cup of cheap merlot, and Alan went a little overboard with the merlot. So much so you could taste it heavily in the sauce. We all had a good laugh over it. There was Steak 'n' Shake Friday late night and Denny's Saturday and Sunday. Before the dance Sunday, the girls and I had California Pizza Kitchen frozen pizza (barbecue chicken and white), which was quite yummy!

Dance-wise, also amazing. I wish I could dance more up here, and when I finally get around to getting my license, I fully intend to. There are so many dance scenes within driving distance: Cleveland, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Lancaster. Even DC & Philly aren't so far. Anyway, this weekend was really encouraging dance-wise, too. I felt really solid, and I had a great fast dance with Tim during which he helped me with some arm issues I was having and told me I didn't get heavy when the music got fast. (For any non-dancer reading this, that's a good thing - the not getting heavy part.) So yay! There were bunches of other fabulous dances, several with Hurley and a fantastic one with J. I spent a song at Saturday late trading phrases with Don and helped start a solo Charleston jam Sunday at Lake Eola. Solo Charleston is a blast, and I had so much fun rocking out on the stage with a couple of friends. Don told me my solo dancing was looking good. Julie and I danced with a couple of little girls who were just spending the day at the park. They were so much fun.

I saw some old friends for the first time in about a year and renewed those friendships, one of which had gotten kind of awkward because of events a couple of years ago. That also was encouraging to me. There were a few friends I didn't get to see, but there is always next time, and I look forward to reuniting with them when that day arrives. :)

The memorial service for my friend's dad was lovely, and she seems to be doing well, all things considered. A few of her other friends from school were there, including dear David, my favorite duck-calling pastor. Mikel and I had a great drive up to Ocala and back, blasting Glee and Wicked and Dr. Horrible, among other things, and singing along.

Overall, this weekend was such a blessing, and I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to take the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment